incubator-general mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE WITHDRAWN] publish openjpa 0.9.6-incubating release
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2006 08:44:31 GMT
On 11/21/06, Patrick Linskey <plinskey@bea.com> wrote:
> What do you do when it comes time to vote? Clearly, you can't be voting
> on the RC build, as that's not the final build (the final build doesn't
> include RC in the name, does it?), and it's my understanding that only
> final bits are voted on.

Have a look at the recent number of RC's we've had to do to get our
releases in shape...

http://people.apache.org/~chirino/

basically we create a maven repo for each RC but the artifacts inside
them are all 'the final build'  with no RC in their name - then if the
vote goes well, the RC is just moved to the right place. That way we
don't have to do another build after the vote - but folks can still
compare each RC etc.

--

James
-------