incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Eelco Hillenius" <eelco.hillen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: wikis
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 18:26:53 GMT
> Allow me to make this clear.  Confluence is not part of the ASF
> infrastructure.  We made a machine available for it because a very
> few people are so used to badly designed Java servlet interfaces
> that they actually prefer a wiki that goes down on a regular basis,
> and those people promised to do all of the work to maintain it.
> If complaints about Confluence being "down" or "unmaintained" or
> "disappointing" continue to happen here, I will personally ask the
> board for permission to delete the entire instance.  We should not
> be wasting our time on dumb ideas and lazy developers.

Lol. Wow, that's a lot of opinions in one paragraph. Well, this was
where the problem was then: we thought confluence was going to be
supported, but was kind of in the beta phase. Now that we have that
clear, I think we better look for an alternative then (either the
official WIKI, or something outside of the ASF infrastructure).

Cheers,

Eelco