incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Eelco Hillenius" <eelco.hillen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: wikis
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 18:18:07 GMT
> Please turn your rant into something constructive. join the infra
> mailing list and help out where you can.

I don't think that's the point though. Maybe it sounded a bit rough,
but I agree with Igor that a remark like 'If the cwiki maintainers
want to fix those things, they'll get fixed.' doesn't give a lot of
confidence that Apache as an organization takes the responsibility one
would expect from an organization with it's stature. We all now it's
all about volunteers and stuff, but infrastructure is a pretty
important part of Apache (not to say core business) isn't it?

We (Wicket) tell our users to provide patches and get active all the
time, but at the same time we acknowledge that once people choose
Wicket for their development, it is our responsibility that the
framework doesn't get them into a load of trouble. With other words,
we *will* fix important bugs within a few days max.

I know bitching from our side is easy, but so using the argument that
Apache is a voluntary organization. We are ready to help out too, but
obviously getting active in the infrastructure group was not our
reason to join ASF.

Eelco