incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Cliff Schmidt" <cliffschm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Including snapshot dependencies from other ASF projects
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 18:51:42 GMT
On 11/17/06, Cliff Schmidt <cliffschmidt@gmail.com> wrote:
> The Qpid community has been debating whether or not they should
> include an unreleased snapshot version of MINA within their upcoming
> Qpid release, and whether they would even be allowed to do so by
> "Apache rules".  The committers want to do the right thing and have
> asked their mentors for advice.  Paul and I (mentors) have both said
> that there could be a way to do this properly, but we also both
> thought it was worth discussing on this list, in part because we
> expect other podlings out there will have similar questions.

Thanks to everyone for all the great feedback!  I feel so warm and
happy inside when we have such a helpful and productive thread on this
list.  :-)

For anyone interested, I'm personally recommending (can't speak for
other mentors, although we've been pretty much on the same page so
far) that the Qpid PPMC follow Leo's outline (including (0)).  Thanks
for putting the time into writing that, Leo!

Cliff