incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Gwyn Evans" <gwyn.ev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: wikis
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 18:49:27 GMT
> Eelco,
>
> Here's the background: The current set of volunteers dealing with
> infra always pushed back on a confluence install. *But* a very vocal
> group demanded that it be installed and promised to maintain it. But
> when the time comes, they are not there. So who is at fault?
>
> All infra folks come from different backgrounds and have different
> capabilities and have different amounts of times to spend on
> problem(s).
>
> I guess, we should put up a disclaimer in incubator process document
> saying "If you bring your project here, you may have to help with ugly
> infra stuff" and may be another item in the incubator graduation check
> list saying "is anyone from this project helping with infra", if not
> give them the boot!

Well, the issue is that there doesn't actually appears to be any way
in which a new member /can/ help in any significant way, as it appears
the existing members are too busy with their existing problems to do
reasonably expect them to take on the additional work involved in
getting new members up to speed...

Download Wicket 1.2.3 now! - http://wicketframework.org