incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Stephen Duncan" <stephen.dun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven pom, groupId and version for incubating projects
Date Sat, 11 Nov 2006 20:38:47 GMT
On 11/11/06, Martijn Dashorst <martijn.dashorst@gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> Is it a requirement or a 'good thing (tm)' to have the following
> groupId and version for maven built incubator projects?
>
> e.g. take wicket-parent:
>
> <groupId>org.apache.incubator.wicket</groupid>
> <artifactId>wicket-parent</artifactId>
> <version>1.3-incubating-SNAPSHOT</version>

I think that's a bad thing, as upon the first release after
graduation, the groupId will change, and therefore your pre-post &
graduation artifacts will be considered to be totally different.  This
will expose problems to users of your artifacts because Maven can't
prevent them from getting two different versions of wicket.

> Or is it ok to do:
>
> <groupId>org.apache.wicket</groupid>
> <artifactId>wicket-parent</artifactId>
> <version>1.3-incubating-SNAPSHOT</version>

My understanding is that this is the policy agreed upon here.  It's
how we're doing it in Abdera.

-Stephen

> Or just:
>
> <groupId>org.apache.wicket</groupid>