incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE WITHDRAWN] publish openjpa 0.9.6-incubating release
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 22:51:44 GMT
To avoid those issue ActiveMQ tends to do a build of say ActiveMQ
4.1.0 and we drop it in
a directory called ActiveMQ-4.1.0-RC1 and then if during the vote
something happens, we rebuild and 4.1.0 again and put it in directory
called RC2 etc.

So I would guess you guys just need to put out at  0.9.6-incubating RC2

On 11/21/06, Patrick Linskey <plinskey@bea.com> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I agree with Marc that we should continue to iterate on the
> > > 0.9.6-incubating release until we get it right. It would only be
> > > confusing if we actually publish the incubating release and
> > then publish
> > > another 0.9.6. But iterations on the release candidate
> > aren't new releases.
> >
> > Yes, but it is confusing if you look at the thread about voting on
> > 0.9.6. If 0.9.7 isn't available. Can we have 0.9.6.1 as the next
> > iteration of the 0.9.6 release?
>
> I don't understand the confusion... 0.9.6 hasn't been released yet;
> nobody should be confused by a vote for it.
>
> Personally, I don't much care what we do at this point, although I'd
> prefer a 0.9.7 to 0.9.6.1, since there is no 0.9.6 currently and 0.9.6.1
> implies that one does.
>
> However, I *would* like clear guidance about what to do. Is this going
> to cause problems with incubator approval of the 0.9.6 vote that's
> currently running on the OpenJPA mailing list?
>
> -Patrick
> by email and then delete it.

Regards,
Hiram