incubator-general mailing list archives

From peter royal <pro...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Retire AltRMI
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 21:31:47 GMT
On Nov 6, 2006, at 1:03 PM, Yoav Shapira wrote:
> I myself am +0 as I don't follow the project but am in favor of
> fall/spring/periodic cleanups in general.  However, I would not be at
> ease retiring a project without hearing from its mentor, who's yet to
> vote on this thread.

AltRMI pre-dates mentors. It was one of the very first things to
enter the incubator (being an offshot from the ex-Avalon project).
Nicola Ken Barozzi is the closest there is, and he's currently
emeritus with the foundation.

Paul Hammant was one of the principal committers on the project (I
contributed as well), which is why I cc'd him on the vote.

-pete