incubator-general mailing list archives

From David E Jones <jone...@undersunconsulting.com>
Subject [VOTE] Graduate OFBiz Podling
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 04:12:27 GMT

The Apache Open For Business Project community has voted internally
and agreed on readiness to graduate from the Apache Incubator based
on the Incubator Policy exit guidelines here:

http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Exiting
+the+Incubator

The vote passed with 8 binding +1 votes, 20 non-binding +1 votes, and
no +0 or -1 votes.

My understand of what this vote means is that based on the incubator
policy and what we learned through the process of getting a test
snapshot release approved, as a PPMC we believe that OFBiz has now
satisfied all requirements for graduation from the Apache Incubator
and there are no outstanding issues related to this left to resolve.

Based on early discussion about OFBiz at the ASF (around the time
OFBiz entered the incubator) the best place for the project seems to
be as a top level project (TLP). This is a separate thing to vote on,
so I mention it here for information purposes only.

As we understand it the next step in the process is to request a vote
in the Incubator community to get graduation approval by the
Incubator PMC. So, here we are...

Everyone is welcome to vote, and we appreciate the expression of
support and interest, though the Incubator PMC member votes are the
only binding ones.

Please cast your votes:

[ ] +1 Graduate OFBiz Podling
[ ] +0  Abstain
[ ] -1 Do not Graduate OFBiz Podling

For those reviewing the project there are URLs of resources with more
information about it below.

-David

The project status page is here:
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/ofbiz.html

The project web site home page is here:
http://incubator.apache.org/ofbiz/

For information about the Test Snapshot 5 Release, including download
links, see:
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/Apache+OFBiz+Incubating+4.0.0
+Test+Snapshot+Release