incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] publish openjpa 0.9.6-incubating release
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2006 01:09:16 GMT
On Nov 16, 2006, at 4:30 PM, Marc Prud'hommeaux wrote:

> We'll correct these issues asap. Once corrected artifacts are
> uploaded, I assume it will necessary to re-start the vote on the
> open-jpa-dev list before re-starting the vote here. Please correct
> me if I am wrong.

That is correct -- each release vote is on a specific sequence of bits.
Also, be sure the other developers know what is being changed and why,
so that the project as a whole learns how to make releases (and what
they should be looking for before casting +1 votes).

BTW, why distribute a zip package?  Wouldn't it be more sensible to
distribute as a jar?  Just curious.

....Roy