incubator-general mailing list archives

From "David Welton" <davidnwel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] OFBiz Test Snapshot Release: 4.0.0 TS5
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 08:20:19 GMT
> > I read through the stuff on the 3party.html page you referenced and I
> > think if this does become the case there is an easy way we can handle
> > it. While it may be a little inconvenient we can remove these files
> > and refer to them in locations publicly available via the internet.
> > This way we can refer to them, but not include them.
> >
> > Would that solve the problem?
>
> probably
>
> IMHO it's worth considering creating clean room implementations in the
> medium term (or lobbying for an open source compatible license)

Prior to running off and rewriting the wheel, perhaps it wouldn't be a
bad idea to ask upstream if they'd care to relicense the DTD under
something very clear (BSD, for instance).  Sometimes this works, and
sometimes these sorts of negotiations are aided by having an
apache.org address.  It's usually worth a try.

> mentors really need to cast their votes

+1

--
David N. Welton