incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Mike Kienenberger" <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] incubator voting process
Date Sat, 11 Nov 2006 03:03:28 GMT
On 11/10/06, Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.Coar@golux.com> wrote:
>  6. Cayenne:
>     Mentors:    Jean Anderson, Brian McAllister, Bill Dudney
>     Started:    March 2006
>     Incomplete: Nothing
>     Diverity:   Unknown
>     Releases:   1

All eight of the Cayenne committers are independent of each other.
How should we note this on our status page?  Unfortunately, there's
only one "no" and the rest are all "unknowns" so there's no model to
work from.

Should we take the "Collaborative development" questions and make them
into status items?

One of these questions seems unnecessary: "Are the decision-making
guidelines published and agreed to by all of the committers?"  To the
best of my knowledge, there's only one way to do this as an ASF
project -- discuss decisions on the dev mailing lists and vote, with
binding votes cast by (P)PMC members.  Maybe it should be rephrased
along the lines of "Are all committers aware of the ASF
decision-making guidelines?"