incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Mike Kienenberger" <>
Subject Re: clarification on SF license and sandboxes
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 20:51:17 GMT
On 11/6/06, Henri Yandell <> wrote:
> I'm still confused - why do we allow people to upload attachments that
> are not intended for inclusion?
> I can see one very reasonable reason from a user point of view - the
> example they want to upload is business related and so they want to do
> their best to explain the problem to us, but not to have us publish
> those details any further. However that reason doesn't hold up as it's
> public if it's in our JIRA and if we don't know the license on it,
> then can we even use it to resolve the issue?
> What makes an attachment special? Why don't we have to do this for
> comments and the jira issue itself?
> Not seeing why we don't just say:  "All issues + attachments are
> intended for inclusion".

There's a difference between "I don't want to contribute this code to
the project code base" versus "I don't want my code published."

The "no" option means the code is not for inclusion into the project.
It doesn't necessarily mean that the code is confidential.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message