incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Ted Husted" <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: wikis
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 11:29:43 GMT
On 11/14/06, Leo Simons <mail@leosimons.com> wrote:
>  People should be helping make SubWiki the best thing since
> sliced breads instead of routinely having this discussion...

You mean this SubWiki?

* http://www.webdav.org/wiki/projects/SubWiki
* http://subwiki.tigris.org/

Though, if I wanted to do wiki development in Python, I'd probably
look toward Trac.

* http://trac.edgewall.org/

It's under the Apache License now and integrates with Subversion. A
reasonable idea would be look at merging the projects and doing with
Trac what we orignally wanted to do with Subversion. (Remember, it's
all about collaboration!) There's a missing feature or two, but
nothing that's not already on the roadmap. The key point is that Trac
is geared toward serving OS teams, like ours.

Though, for a wiki markup language, I have a strong preference for Textile,

* http://www.textism.com/tools/textile/

but I imagine that's something that could be made pluggable.

-T.