incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [VOTE] publish openjpa 0.9.6-incubating release
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2006 20:43:53 GMT
Some of the smarter browsers will look at the .jar suffix and try to
execute it by looking at the manifest to find the Main program. This
is not the behavior we want. I don't know of any such issues
with .zip files. If these are automatically processed by the browser
download program, they typically simply decompress the file into a
directory, which is actually what is intended.

Craig