incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: Extracting code from an incubation project
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 23:08:12 GMT

> So, the question is simple: if the Abdera PPMC agrees to separate out
> the code and either the Jakarta or WS commons projects agree to accept
> it, what is the process we need to follow?

Check out the thread with the subject "Graduating a part of an
incubating project into an existing TLP" from the
general@incubator.a.o archives from September of this year.

The short version is that assuming the IP issues have been taken care
of (they have, the IRI code in Abdera was developed on our mailing
lists under a CLA, and anything that existed before that work that it
depends on was covered by a Software Grant from IBM) you can basically
just do it.  Any committers who go with that code would of course need
to be granted commit access to the destination project just as any
other new committer would, of course, and the details of that would
naturally be up to the destination TLP.

-garrett