incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] incubator voting process
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 02:37:51 GMT

> That may be true, but as ASF Members (which most are), I would expect (and
> have observed) that they have an overall concern regarding events that
> effect the ASF.

Sure, but having an overall concern about events that effect the ASF
is different from having the time to make sure that $RANDOM_PODLING's
latest release happens in a timely manner.  For example, I don't
personally care all that much about quite a few of our current
podlings (just not interested in them from a technical point of view),
so I probably wouldn't go out of my way to review their releases.
That said, if I noticed something particularly wrong and didn't see
someone else speaking up about it, I'd do something, because like you
say, I'm a member and I care about the ASF in general.

-garrett