incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] incubator voting process
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2006 17:04:52 GMT
On 11/10/06, Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.Coar@golux.com> wrote:

> Garrett raises a point about which I want to ask.
> What criteria should a mentor use when it comes to
> voting on a release?  I for one can't make any
> judgement of its technical worth..

Personally, when I'm voting with my Incubator PMC hat on, I'm voting
based on the fact that the project has followed the ASF guidelines for
how to prepare and vote on a release, and that we've legally speaking
got all our ducks in a row (i.e. CLAs are in, all the appropriate
license files and headers are in place, etc).

When I'm voting as a committer on the project that's when I take into
account technical merit of the release, although at that phase (before
it gets to the incubator PMC) I would also bring up any problems that
I'm aware of that would convince me to not +1 it with my Incubator PMC
hat on.

-garrett