incubator-general mailing list archives

From "J Aaron Farr" <fa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RE: [VOTE] Graduate OFBiz Podling
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2006 02:02:09 GMT

> As for my own vote, -1 on a procedural basis:
>
> > Based on early discussion about OFBiz at the ASF (around the time
> > OFBiz entered the incubator) the best place for the project seems
> > to be as a top level project (TLP). This is a separate thing to
> > vote on, so I mention it here for information purposes only.
>
> As has been discussed, the Incubator PMC would want to see the proposal that
> is to be put before the Board, so please submit one, and I'll revise my
> vote.

Yes, this vote should be considered provisional based on approval of a
board resolution for an OFBiz TLP.  I'm working on such a resolution
right now but it's not going to get into this month's board meeting
anyway.

Otherwise I'm with Yoav, enthusiastically voting +1.

> Otherwise, at first glance, things look pretty good.  The STATUS file
> (http://incubator.apache.org/projects/ofbiz.html) may or may not be entirely
> accurate (I haven't cross-referenced the Committer list, for example), but
> on the face of it, it is as complete as any I've seen lately.

The OFBiz community has done an exceptional job in this respect.

--
  jaaron