incubator-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Retire AltRMI
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 22:06:26 GMT
On Nov 6, 2006, at 9:01 PM, peter royal wrote:
> The AltRMI podling, <http://incubator.apache.org/projects/
> altrmi.html> has become stagnant. Here is a vote to move it into
> retirement.
>
> [ ] -1 : It lives on, you someone missed my recent commits on it
> last week
> [ ]  0 : I don't do fall cleansing
> [ ] +1 : Move to retirement
>
> Here's my +1

+1.

Shame though. Such a great codebase it is. So much "just works"
feeling attached to it no-one needs to work on it.

Heh. Perhaps we can prod some of its contributors (who moved on to
bigger and greater things long ago as far as I know) to contribute
some of the good bits as a replacement RMI module to Harmony, and
have AltRMI eclipse RMI many years after it was first envisioned.

Or maybe not :)

cheers,

Leo