incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Greg Stein" <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: How to bring code to Apache?
Date Sat, 18 Nov 2006 21:35:21 GMT
For the IP clearance stuff... yes.

But code developed outside of the Apache community, then brought in...
that can be a problem. Especially when that is the "standard operating
procedure". I can think of a couple communities where a lot of code is
migrated from external locations into Apache. The net effect is code
is developed *outside* of the Apache consensus model. That isn't good.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/