incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [IVY] setup of infrastructure
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 07:25:17 GMT
On 11/1/06, Garrett Rooney <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net> wrote:

> On 11/1/06, Brett Porter <brett.porter@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Usually, a dumpfile is used rather than a zipped up repository, I think.
> >
> > I would suggest locating an svn admin who can work with you to do a
> > test now - so you'd dump the repository without locking it out, load
> > it up into the test repository, check it works, so that you know what
> > to do and minimise downtime of your commit access when you are ready
> > to do the real thing.
> >
> > I'm not an svn admin either, though - so best to get in touch with
> > them and see how they usually do it :)
>
> A zipped up repository (assuming it's in fsfs format, not bdb) is just
> as easy for us to work with as a dumpfile, just means there's one more
> step for the infra person doing the job (usually me).

In our case using a dump file may be easier, because our svn repository
wasn't properly setup: a unique repository for several projects, and no
branches / tags / trunk / releases directories. So I will have to use svn
admin tools on a dump file to get a clean repository with standard
directories. So if a dumpfile is as easy to use for you as a zipped
repository, I think I will send a dumpfile.

The other thing we need is a list of the committers who have committed
> to the repos in question and the mapping from their old username to
> their ASF username so we can convert the old svn:author revprops to
> match the new ASF usernames, for consistency.

OK, I'll send this list too when we'll be ready.

Once both of those are available, and all the paperwork (CLAs,
> software grants, etc) are sent in and acknowledged by the ASF
> secretary just file an INFRA Jira ticket to schedule things and we'll
> get it moving.

How can I know that the paperwork is ok? I've already sent my ICLA and the
software grant, but I don't know if they were properly received and
processed.

Thanks for your time,
- Xavier

-garrett