incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [IVY] setup of infrastructure
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 13:30:42 GMT
On 11/1/06, Upayavira <uv@odoko.co.uk> wrote:

> Xavier Hanin wrote:

> >> easier is
> >> week -
> >> just
> >>
> >> If it were me, I'd rather import the history than having to maintain
> >> it myself. There are no legal issues (BSD is compatible with the
> >> Apache License).
> >

> > Thanks for your advice Brett. I'll go with history import if it's not
> too
> > complex to import into apache infrastructure. Can someone tell me what
> you
> > expect from our svn repository to do the import?
>
> If you can block all commit access to the repository, then a simple zip
> should do the job, If I understand correctly.

I can block access to the repository. So the only thing is to zip the
directory on my svn server containing the db directory, is that it? This
means that the hook directory will be part of the zip, I currently have a
hook for sending mail on commit, but I think there's already something like
this on apache usual svn install, no? So maybe the db directory is enough?
We use a filesystem based svn repository, is that ok? It's a lot of question
I'm sorry, but I'm not familiar with ASF infrastructure.

- Xavier

Regards, Upayavira