incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: [VOTE] Ratify Tuscany PPMC vote to release DAS for Java M2 artifacts]
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 22:50:21 GMT
On 11/14/06, Sam Ruby <rubys@apache.org> wrote:
> More than 72 hours have passed, and presumably everybody on the
> incubator PMC that cares to vote has done so (Thanks Robert!).  Please
> proceed with the release.
>
> If anybody objects to this process, point them my way.

-1.

We don't release based on lazy consensus.

The quorum rules are in place to protect the ASF and the committers
involved.  We can not and shall not allow releases to be made without
appropriate PMC votes being cast.  To do so is to jeopardize our legal
framework.  Incubator podlings should never ever have the right to
conduct a release without the Incubator PMC explicitly signing off
first.  There is too much legal jeopardy at stake by the fact that
they are in the Incubator - this warrants extreme caution on all of
our parts.

If you feel that Tuscany doesn't need the Incubator's approval to do a
release, please put their graduation up for a vote.  But, as long as
they remain in the Incubator, they are subject to the Incubator PMC's
rules and oversight.  -- justin