incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] incubator voting process
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2006 16:44:50 GMT
On 11/10/06, Garrett Rooney <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net> wrote:
> I mean at the very least I would expect to see +1 votes from the
> project mentors as soon as the vote thread starts on
> general@incubator, since at least in theory if there was anything that
> would keep them from voting +1 they would have raised it on the
> project's dev list before it got anywhere near asking for the
> incubator's blessing.  Right there that's at least one or two votes,
> if the project has trouble getting the remaining votes, well, maybe
> that says something about the level of interest in the rest of the
> foundation about the project itself.  If we can't get three people on
> the incubator PMC motivated enough to say "yes, this release looks
> legally and procedurally sound" then maybe we shouldn't have the
> project at the ASF at all.

+1.

I view it as extremely unreasonable to expect every PMC member to vote
on every release.  What I do not find unreasonable is that the mentors
vote on the release for their podlings and whomever else is interested
who is an Incubator PMC member reviews the release and votes.  Once
that happens, then I think it's quite clear that the balance of the
3-vote minimum will likely be met or exceeded.

People like Robert have been complete stud muffins in this regards.
Big kudos to him and RAT.  It's been a major step forward and I'm very
thankful for his recent efforts.  *smooch*  =)  -- justin