incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: wikis
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 16:33:28 GMT
On 11/6/06, Johnson, Eric <Eric.Johnson@iona.com> wrote:
> For purely philosophical reasons I think moin-moin is the way to go for
> a wiki. It is a truly open-source wiki. Confluence is a commercial
> product....

FWIW, until recently, the Confluence install has been largely
unmaintained.  MoinMoin is fully supported by infra@.  Confluence is
supported by one or two folks who don't have it very high on their
priority list.  So, don't be shocked if Confluence is down for major
swaths of time - AFAIK, it's also not backed up at all (woo-hoo!).
We've had some people volunteer recently to help out, but time will
tell if they actually take care of Confluence or not.  -- justin