incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Including snapshot dependencies from other ASF projects
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2006 09:37:53 GMT
Hi,

On 11/17/06, Cliff Schmidt <cliffschmidt@gmail.com> wrote:
> The Qpid community has been debating whether or not they should
> include an unreleased snapshot version of MINA within their upcoming
> Qpid release, and whether they would even be allowed to do so by
> "Apache rules".

Did you already consider working with the MINA community to have a
proper release as your dependency? I don't think it should be too hard
to do, the main issues being:

1) Technical: Is the code good enough for a release? You already think
the code is good.

2) Community: Is there a release manager? If no-one in the MINA
community is interested, there's no stopping one of you from
volunteering.

3) Oversight: Is the PMC ready to approve the release? This should
really be up to the MINA PMC to decide.

BR,

Jukka Zitting