incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CXF 2.0-M1 Incubating Release
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 17:21:28 GMT
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> On Nov 29, 2006, at 11:50 AM, Dan Diephouse wrote:
>
>> The Apache CXF team has cut another candidate release which fixes the
>> previous licensing issues. Builds have been published here:
>>
>> Binaries and Source Distributions:
>> http://people.apache.org/~blin/incubator-cxf-2.0-M1/<http://
>> people.apache.org/%7Eblin/incubator-cxf-2.0-M1/>
>> Maven Repository:
>> http://people.apache.org/~blin/incubator-cxf-2.0-M1/repository/org/
>> apache/cxf<http://people.apache.org/%7Eblin/incubator-cxf-2.0-M1/
>> repository/org/apache/cxf>
>> Release notes: http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF/Apache
>> +CXF+2.0-M1+Incubating+Release+Notes
>>

> The release_notes.txt in the docs folder
> of the release build refer to Apache CXF and not Apache
> Incubator CXF. This should be fixed :)

actually, the branding page [1] says "the podling MUST be referred to as
Apache "Podling-Name" AND mention that the project is under Incubation."

I don't believe "Incubator" must be in the actual name as long as
mention of incubation is made. Right? (If not, other podlings aren't
including "Incubator" in the name.)

 -jean

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html#Naming