incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE WITHDRAWN] publish openjpa 0.9.6-incubating release
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 00:39:56 GMT
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> Let the podling come up with what they call 0.9.6, let it give clear
> information to what that means, and the incubator PMC votes from there.

Agreed - I was making an observation.

> Patrick Linskey wrote:
>>> Yes, but it is confusing if you look at the thread about voting on
>>> 0.9.6. If 0.9.7 isn't available. Can we have 0.9.6.1 as the next
>>> iteration of the 0.9.6 release?
>>
>> I don't understand the confusion... 0.9.6 hasn't been released yet;
>> nobody should be confused by a vote for it.

If you have openjpa-0.9.6-incubating.tar.gz and openjpa-0.9.6-incubating.tar.gz
- that's where the confusion arises... sure you replaced the package, but it's
the same filename 'over here'.  That's the rational for not reusing the same
tarball name, or naming the package before-the-vote as -RC#.  Either way, there
is no confusion between the first second third or final/official iteration :)

As Geir says - let the openjpa-dev folk decide, this was just food for thought.