incubator-general mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: [VOTE WITHDRAWN] publish openjpa 0.9.6-incubating release
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 23:35:04 GMT
Patrick Linskey wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I agree with Marc that we should continue to iterate on the
>>> 0.9.6-incubating release until we get it right. It would only be
>>> confusing if we actually publish the incubating release and
>> then publish
>>> another 0.9.6. But iterations on the release candidate
>> aren't new releases.
>>
>> Yes, but it is confusing if you look at the thread about voting on
>> 0.9.6. If 0.9.7 isn't available. Can we have 0.9.6.1 as the next
>> iteration of the 0.9.6 release?
>
> I don't understand the confusion... 0.9.6 hasn't been released yet;
> nobody should be confused by a vote for it.
>
> Personally, I don't much care what we do at this point, although I'd
> prefer a 0.9.7 to 0.9.6.1, since there is no 0.9.6 currently and 0.9.6.1
> implies that one does.
>
> However, I *would* like clear guidance about what to do. Is this going
> to cause problems with incubator approval of the 0.9.6 vote that's
> currently running on the OpenJPA mailing list?

In the end, all you _NEED_ to do is what you are doing. Make a tgz, with
a specific version. Make it available here. Start a vote.

What I'm talking about is more at the level of convenience. You are
right that 1.9.6 hasn't been released. But a vote has taken place for
it. Starting another vote for the same release number could make it
harder for us to differentiate between the two vote threads.

You could simply do [VOTE] 2nd vote for 0.9.6. That would successfully
differentiate the vote.

That's all I'm _asking_ for (not demanding).

HTH.

Regards, Upayavira