incubator-general mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release ServiceMix 3.0.1
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 18:22:46 GMT
robert burrell donkin wrote:

> On 11/20/06, Dan Diephouse <dan@envoisolutions.com> wrote:
>
>> Since these are generated files, must they have license headers?
>

> no
>
> however, i think that running preprocessors against the source in the
> repository that strips license headers *is* an issue for me. IMO
> source distributions should be simple exports of the repository.

I'm not sure its a preprocessor per se, I'd call it a transformer... but
I guess thats semantics. :-) For those who aren't aware, what happens in
this process is the SNAPSHOT pom is fed in, the version is changed, the
necessary module dependency versions are changed, and the SVN location
is updated.

> anyone from maven around to explain the reasons behind this behaviour?

I chatted with Brett about it a few days ago, and he said the problem is
a bug in JDOM. Sometimes it preserves the bits before the root element
and sometimes it doesn't. It has to do with whitespace AFAIK.

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
(616) 971-2053