incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject "Collaborative Development" items on Incubator status pages (was Re: [DISCUSS] incubator voting process)
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2006 18:57:18 GMT
Craig L Russell wrote:
> On Nov 10, 2006, at 7:03 PM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:
>
>> On 11/10/06, Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.Coar@golux.com> wrote:
>>
>>>  6. Cayenne:
>>>     Mentors:    Jean Anderson, Brian McAllister, Bill Dudney
>>>     Started:    March 2006
>>>     Incomplete: Nothing
>>>     Diverity:   Unknown
>>>     Releases:   1
>>

>> All eight of the Cayenne committers are independent of each other.
>> How should we note this on our status page?  Unfortunately, there's
>> only one "no" and the rest are all "unknowns" so there's no model to
>> work from.
>
> I think this is a factor in the "Diversity" category. This category
> tries to represent the independence of committers from each other  (and
> employers from each other). A sentence that states "All eight of  the
> Cayenne committers are independent of each other" is a very  powerful
> affirmation of diversity.
>
>> Should we take the "Collaborative development" questions and make them
>> into status items?

The text immediately above the Collaborative Development section says
"These items are not to be signed as done during incubation, as they may
change during incubation.  They are to be looked into and described in
the status reports and completed in the request for incubation signoff."

That wording is still in the template at
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/site-author/projects/incubation-status-template.xml
, but I see that many status pages are adding answers, so I just updated
the cayenne status page.

Should we change the template to remove "These items are not to be
signed as done during incubation"? And perhaps turn these into status
items as Mike suggested? --If people will scan the status pages for
answers, then we should indicate that answers should be filled in.

 -jean