incubator-general mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r473365 [1/22] - in /incubator/public/trunk: site-author/projects/ site-publish/guides/ site-publish/ip-clearance/ site-publish/official/ site-publish/projects/
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 05:37:38 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>> I did notice that other pages had changed, but I figured that it had
>> happened as part of the site generation process.
>
> When that many pages change, it is usually due to EOL issues.

...or due to one of the anchor sources changing which are reflected on
many pages.  In fact - the combination is deadly, any xml that's referenced
across a broad range of pages really needs to have extra care about their
svn:eol-style and manipulations of lineends, because they tend to create
entire garbage trees of mixed eolstyles :)  I see this regularly in the
tomcat tarballs, for example.