incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] incubator voting process
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2006 15:18:16 GMT
There seems to be a persistent delusion that general@incubator.apache.or
is where incubation happens.  The reality is that all the real
incubating happens on the PPMC private and dev lists.

We can correct this in one of two ways: recognize what actually is
happening, or make what we say is happening actually work.

If we go the first route, then we should treat this list as an
announcements list.  Results of votes for releases and graduation are
posted here, and incubator PMC members will be given 72 hours to raise
an issue.

If we go the second route, then we need to set the expectation that most
PMC members participate in most votes.

- Sam Ruby