incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: wikis
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 18:23:39 GMT
On Nov 9, 2006, at 10:00 AM, Igor Vaynberg wrote:
> this is not a kind of attitude i would expect from a professional
> organization. a big part of joining apache is the desire for a
> stable and
> maintained infrastructure. we (wicket) came here from sf.net.
> things used to
> go down there all the time, but they would get fixed - it wasnt a
> matter of
> a "want" but part of the service they provide. sorry to rant, but
> its very
> disappointing to see things like these here.

Allow me to make this clear.  Confluence is not part of the ASF
infrastructure.  We made a machine available for it because a very
few people are so used to badly designed Java servlet interfaces
that they actually prefer a wiki that goes down on a regular basis,
and those people promised to do all of the work to maintain it.
If complaints about Confluence being "down" or "unmaintained" or
"disappointing" continue to happen here, I will personally ask the
board for permission to delete the entire instance.  We should not
be wasting our time on dumb ideas and lazy developers.

If you want a wiki, use http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/

....Roy