incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Maven pom, groupId and version for incubating projects
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 01:34:12 GMT
Hate to quibble, but incubating is a gerund used as an adjective. ;-)

I also think of alpha and beta as adjectives also, as in "the alpha
version", alpha being an adjective modifying version.

Bottom line, I like incubating, as it describes the release, as
opposed to incubator which isn't very descriptive.

Craig