incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: clarification on SF license and sandboxes
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 17:26:35 GMT
> I notice that the current JIRA "attach file" form does not default
> anything, and requires the submitter to choose explicitly the
> copyright status for the submission. (I think this is a change from
> previous behavior, and if so, a very welcome change).
>
> So it's now very clear that the user must choose whether the
> submission is intended as a contribution.
>
> As far as I'm concerned, this issue is now resolved. If a JIRA
> submission is marked as "Attachment not intended for inclusion" it
> should not be used.

I'm still confused - why do we allow people to upload attachments that
are not intended for inclusion?

I can see one very reasonable reason from a user point of view - the
example they want to upload is business related and so they want to do
their best to explain the problem to us, but not to have us publish
those details any further. However that reason doesn't hold up as it's
public if it's in our JIRA and if we don't know the license on it,
then can we even use it to resolve the issue?

What makes an attachment special? Why don't we have to do this for
comments and the jira issue itself?

Not seeing why we don't just say:  "All issues + attachments are
intended for inclusion".

Hen