incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Igor Vaynberg" <igor.vaynb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: wikis
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 18:00:04 GMT
On 11/9/06, Garrett Rooney <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net> wrote:

> > On the original subject, CWiki does seem to be partially 'hidden' at
> > Apache - I've tried to help, in terms of a patch to add it to the list
> > of services documented at http://www.apache.org/dev/services.html#wiki
> > (still waiting to be looked at, but it's only been a few weeks so
> > far).  An issue issue requesting it be added to the monitored list of
> > services was closed as there's been a generic issue open on the
> > subject since July, although with no action since then...
>
> If the cwiki maintainers want to fix those things, they'll get fixed.

this is not a kind of attitude i would expect from a professional
organization. a big part of joining apache is the desire for a stable and
maintained infrastructure. we (wicket) came here from sf.net. things used to
go down there all the time, but they would get fixed - it wasnt a matter of
a "want" but part of the service they provide. sorry to rant, but its very
disappointing to see things like these here.

-igor