incubator-general mailing list archives

From David Crossley <>
Subject Re: Weirdness with the web site
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 07:30:36 GMT
Daniel Kulp wrote:
> Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> > > Similarly, I'm seeing a number of files that show up with every
> > > single line changed, when AFAICT all that should change is the
> > > removal of a single line from the list of projects.  What's up with
> > > that?
> >
> > Do you really want to hear my opinion of Subversion's lack of
> > a centralized default for svn:eol-style=native?
> > Maybe you could implement a variation on svn propget -R that
> > returns the path to all files the do not have svn:eol-style=native.
> > *sigh* I'll just use a find pipe.
> For tuscany/cxf/qpid, I kind of wrote a script that will go through
> everything and add a "proper" set of props:

Thanks. It is a pity that each project needs to grapple
with such svn management.

On xml-based projects there are problems due to many weird
filename extensions, so i use a different approach with
It scans for text files and reports which do not have "svn:eol-style native".

AFAIK one also needs to fix the line-endings to be appropriate
for the local operating system. So it is probably a manual job
to report and fix.

This type of thing wastes a lot of time for open source.

We have tried to encourage ASF committers to configure their
svn client:

The SVN FAQ mentions the possibility of (rather drastic) pre-commit hook.
Perhaps we should (/me ducks).

Or perhaps we should set up a regular (monthly?) job that scans
each project trunk and reports such issues.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message