incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Don Brown" <donald.br...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: wikis
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 18:52:33 GMT
What exactly makes something a part of the "official" ASF
infrastructure?  I thought it was that a member of Infrastructure had
volunteered to maintain it, and if that's the case, Confluence is
indeed a part of the "official" ASF infrastructure since I, as a
member of ASF and Infrastructure, have volunteered to maintain it.

>From my perspective, the problem is that the infrastructure team only
supports tools that they themselves use.  What a project wants to use
something different, they are on their own.  Therefore the solution to
that is to have volunteers who are familiar with the new tools join
Infrastructure and help out.  Struts, and a lot of other ASF projects,
have found Confluence to be a very helpful tool, so seeing that no one
was really maintaining the Confluence instance, I volunteered to keep
it up.  Infrastructure is always looking for volunteers, so get
involved and make it happen.

Don