incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Davanum Srinivas" <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: wikis
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 18:25:46 GMT
Eelco,

Here's the background: The current set of volunteers dealing with
infra always pushed back on a confluence install. *But* a very vocal
group demanded that it be installed and promised to maintain it. But
when the time comes, they are not there. So who is at fault?

All infra folks come from different backgrounds and have different
capabilities and have different amounts of times to spend on
problem(s).

I guess, we should put up a disclaimer in incubator process document
saying "If you bring your project here, you may have to help with ugly
infra stuff" and may be another item in the incubator graduation check
list saying "is anyone from this project helping with infra", if not
give them the boot!

-- dims