incubator-general mailing list archives

From "John O'Hara" <>
Subject Re: Including snapshot dependencies from other ASF projects
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2006 13:41:39 GMT
I don't think its the same as releasing another projects code.
A good example is when SubVersion included APR as part of its code base.  No
one would have confused that as a release of APR, and it was patched and
modded, and the APR team were kept in the loop.

There is a difference between "release" and distribute.
We're asking if a project can distribute some arbitrary SVN point in
anothers repository, not if they can release it.

Does that make any kind of sense?