incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mirroring/rsyncing the maven repos on people.apache.org?
Date Sat, 28 Oct 2006 10:43:46 GMT
On 10/27/06, Justin Erenkrantz <justin@erenkrantz.com> wrote:
> On 10/27/06, Noel J. Bergman <noel@devtech.com> wrote:
> > That's contrary to what we were originally told by the mirroring folks,
> > e.g., Joshua.  So we told everyone, as we were told, to use cvs(now
> > people).a.o.  If infra is OK with this, we'll change the release docs to
> > reflect it.
>
> In the original concept, I think we were going to allow PPMCs to
> release on their own; however, we've since refined that concept so
> that the IPMC reviews each release.  Since the IPMC is approving the
> release and there aren't *that* many PPMC releases made (i.e. it's not
> a daily occurance),

there are now several releases most weeks. the limiting factor is the
energy of the IPMC to review and approve these releases. once the IPMC
starts to approve releases more promptly and the standard of releases
submitted improves, i expect the frequency of release to increase.

> it makes more sense to use the mirrors rather than
> just slam one server.

the bandwidth used pushing releases out to all the mirrors would be
large. using a subset for incubator releases would address this
concern.

- robert