incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] approve the 4.0.2 (RC4) release of ActiveMQ
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 22:02:16 GMT
> Hi Robert,

hi hiram

> > From: "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com>

<snip>

> > http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/activemq/trunk/activemq-web-console/src/main/webapp/js/common.js
> > worries me since it doesn't look like it was created at apache and i
> > cannot see a license header.
> >
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/activemq/trunk/activemq-web-console/src/main/webapp/styles/style.css
> > is similar.
>

> Found the licences.. they use the commons creative license.  This is ok for
> inclusion right?

they aren't listed on http://www.apache.org/legal/ so this question
probably needs to be asked on legal discuss. (i had a look and a
suspect the answer will be yes but IANAL)

<snip>

> > incubator-activemq-4.0.2.jar contains the LICENSE and the disclaimer
> > but is missing a NOTICE. this is needed if
> > incubator-activemq-4.0.2.jar is to be distributed from a repository.
>
> Well, the incubator-activemq-4.0.2.jar is an uber jar that segregates
> multiple other jars.  All the META-INF data (including NOTICE files) in
> those component jars are preserved in a META-INF/${jarname}/ directory.  For
> example, the following NOTICE files are included:
>
>    102 Tue May 09 23:08:16 CDT 2006
> META-INF/activemq-optional-4.0.2.jar/NOTICE.txt
>    102 Tue May 09 23:08:16 CDT 2006
> META-INF/commons-logging-1.1.jar/NOTICE.txt
>   1053 Fri Jul 01 12:46:38 CDT 2005 META-INF/derby- 10.1.1.0.jar/NOTICE
>
>  Is there a specific NOTICE item you think we are missing?

activemq-console-4.0.2.jar
activemq-core-4.0.2.jar

(in the latest candidate)

a top level NOTICE would make things easier

- robert