incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Publish Yoko M1 release
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 21:26:10 GMT
On 10/17/06, Mosur Ravi, Balaji <bravi@iona.com> wrote:
> The Yoko community voted on and has approved a proposal to release Yoko
> Milestone 1.
>
> Pursuant to the Releases section of the Incubation Policy we would now
> like to request the permission of the Incubator PMC to publish the
> milestone on the Yoko Download page.

much better now just one major issue:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/yoko/tags/yoko-1.0-incubating-M1/tools/src/main/java/org/apache/yoko/tools/processors/idl/idl.g
lacks a license header.
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/yoko/tags/yoko-1.0-incubating-M1/tools/NOTICE
includes:

   "IDL parser and the IDL grammar file used by the idltowsdl tool
   are provided by the antlr package, which is available under a BSD license.
   The original software is available from
    http://www.antlr.org/download.html"

but the file above has a hand craft comment which makes me a little
worried. what's the status of this file?

also LICENSE file contains:

   "THIS PRODUCT ALSO INCLUDES THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE REDISTRIBUTED UNDER THE

   FOLLOWING LICENSES:

   Celtix, EPL License,

   	../etc/third_party_licenses/celtix-epl-license.txt"

(and quite a few more) but the binary distribution does not contain
etc/third_party_licenses (or the licenses anywhere i can find).

some unofficial comments and hints

IIRC security issues have been found with earlier versions of GnuPG.
if you're still using 1.2.2 consider upgrading to the latest release.

the pagination for the OMG at the bottom of the license file is a
little off to me (perhaps a tabs verses spaces issue)

the incubator disclaimer isn't obvious in the source distribution.
consider moving to NOTICE, README.txt, DISCLAIMER.txt or somewhere
obvious in the root directory.

- robert