incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Ratify Tuscany PPMC vote to release project pom and buildtools artifacts
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 20:23:25 GMT
On 10/16/06, Jeremy Boynes <> wrote:
> The Tuscany PPMC has voted to release a parent pom and buildtools jar
> that are dependencies for a forthcoming M2 release. These would be
> made available through the m2-incubating-repository to allow end
> users to build source distributions of that release. In accordance
> with Incubator release procedures we are asking the Incubator PMC to
> approve this release.

stylistic notes

one suggestion: even though the names become long IMHO it's a good
idea to prefix every jar with the project name (apache-tuscany). not
only does this make it easy for users to identify the jar but it is
also good publicity for the project (one of the reasons why jakarta
and commons are so well known is that these names were included in
every released jar).

- robert

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: