incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Publish Yoko M1 release
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 21:01:50 GMT
On 9/29/06, Mosur Ravi, Balaji <> wrote:
> The Yoko community voted on and has approved a proposal to release Yoko
> Milestone 1. Pursuant to the Releases section of the Incubation
> Policy we would now like to request the permission of the Incubator PMC
> to publish the milestone on the Yoko Download page.

signatures and sums are look ok to me

both binary and source distributions unpack into the current
directory. it's best to unpack into a subdirectory who name is based
on the release and distribution type.

the layout of both the binary and source distributions are
unconventional. i would not have expected the content layed out in a
subdirectory. the source should be a plain export of subversion. the
convention approach would be to add NOTICE and LICENSE to and then export
the base tag. is empty. tagging
is very cheap in subversion. apache releases should be tagged so that
they can be reconstructed later (if necessary).

it's big - lots of code :-)

RAT run:

missing headers:

there are a number more. the raw report is at (RAT is at and can be run from source but it's
very raw ATM.)

i think that the LICENSE may be missing a credit to OMG for

the LICENSE file contains:

   Celtix, EPL License,

   Antlr, BSD License,

   XmlSchema, Apache License,

   WSDL4j, Common Public License,

   Saaj, CDDL License

   JSR150, CDDL License,

   JSR181, CDDL License,

i can't find the relative paths. it's usually best to include the text
of the licenses for example (then the licenses
cannot get lost).

may be missing a note about

the MANIFEST.MF lacks some of the recommended attributes. consider adding

Specification-Title: XXX
Specification-Vendor: The Apache Software Foundation
Specification-Version: n.m
Implementation-Vendor-Id: org.apache
Implementation-Vendor:  The Apache Software Foundation

- robert

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message