incubator-general mailing list archives

From "robert burrell donkin" <robertburrelldon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with commit rights on Celtixfire
Date Sun, 01 Oct 2006 17:52:53 GMT
On 10/1/06, Justin Erenkrantz <justin@erenkrantz.com> wrote:

> > +1 provided we take the list of interested committers out of the
> > proposal. We shouldn't be indicating that we are in favour of a
> > proposal if we're not going to make the committers listed committers.
>

> This works for some proposals but not for others.  Take Wicket for example:
> we would require all of the people who already had commit access to Wicket
> re-prove themselves?  That's incredibly dismissive of their past
> contributions.

delegation to the PPMC means that the Mentors have it within their
power to solve this one themselves. IMHO it would be right (in the
case of a project like Wicket) for the Mentors to elect all those who
had commit access already as committers right away. i would also see
nothing wrong in moving quickly to drafting all existing Wicket
committers onto the PPMC.

- robert