incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Release Requirements
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 22:09:02 GMT
robert burrell donkin wrote:

> the reason i didn't +1 wasn't anything to do with the unpacking but
> the fact that there are a lot of files without license headers and
> so of dubious original.

:-)

> > what those actual requirements are should be documented so that the
> > projects aren't surprised when submitting their request.  If we decide
> > to add requirements, we should agree to add them to the release
> > requirements document.

> we don't have a requirements document. we don't have a requirements
> process. it's a simple vote.

I'm saying that we should document release requirements, so that projects
know what is expected of them before they submit the packages.  The ASF does
have requirements, it isn't a very long list, and except for Incubator
branding/disclaimer, is generally not Incubator specific.

> i'm not willing to +1 a release that i'm not personally happy with.

So long as it is clear to others that your objection is style vs substance,
that's fine.  :-)  As you said, you may modify your messages to make that
clearer.

> the only reasons why my refusal to +1 a release makes any difference
> is that too few PMCers review releases.

LOL  I suspect that many of them are waiting to see your usual, excellent,
review of the IP issues.

	--- Noel