incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: Problem with commit rights on Celtixfire
Date Sun, 08 Oct 2006 06:09:52 GMT
Mark Little wrote:
> So let's try to take this to some "logical" conclusion: you're saying
> that just because person A says something that person B disagrees
> with, person B should then accept that because person A is somehow
> more experienced?

No and hell no.  "Because I said so" doesn't cut it anymore today than it
did when I was 5.  Technicalities aside (ignore the binding votes issue),
we're all peers in a community.  Ideas and action should be the tokens of
value, not authority.  For the Nth time today, our goal is consensus.  Votes
should be a celebration (ratification) of a consensus, not the tool (and a
poor one at that) to make one.

	--- Noel